To keep the lasting shine and fresh feel of your investment for as long as possible, we recommend that you:
• Wipe up spills as soon as possible. Never use highly abrasive scrubbing tools on any resilient floor.
• Wash your floor occasionally with an approved Floor Cleaner.
• Use only an approved polish to return your floor’s original shine if it begins to dull overtime.
• Use detergents, abrasive cleaners or “mop and shine” products – they may leave a dull film on your floor.
• Use paste wax or solvent-based polishes.
• Use rolling casters as they can damage the floor.
• Use a beater bar when vacuuming because it can visibly damage the floor surface.
• Use highly abrasive scrubbing tools.
Proactive protection for your floor
• When moving appliances or heavy furniture, lay a plywood panel on your floor and “walk” the item across it. This protects your floor from scuffing and tears.
• Use floor protectors on furniture to reduce indentation. As a general rule of thumb, the heavier the item, the wider the floor protector needed.
• Be careful with rolling casters. They can damage the floor. Therefore, we do notrecommend them. If you choose to use them, the double wheel type are the best option.
• Place a walk-off mat at outside entrances to reduce the amount of dirt brought into your home. We do not recommend the use of rubber- or latex-backed mats (except where noted) because the chemical (antioxidant) used to keep the backing from becoming brittle can permanently stain your floor. We suggest a non-staining vinyl-backed mat or a woven rug that is colorfast. Most of these products are identified “colorfast” by the manufacturer.
Immediately after installation
• Maintain a minimum room temperature between 65 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit for 48 hours after installation is completed.
• We recommend that you do not scrub or wash your floor for five days.
LIFETIME LIMITED RESIDENTIAL WARRANTY
What is covered and for how long? The Casabella Vinyl lifetime limited warranty for ScubaSeal™ flooring means that for the life of the floor to the original purchaser only, that ScubaSeal™:
• Will not wear through printed image
• Will not contain manufacturing defects
• Will not rip or tear from normal household use
• The edges of the flooring will not curl
15-YEAR LIMITED COMMERCIAL WARRANTY
What is covered and for how long? For commercial installations as listed below ScubaSeal™ is warranted to be free from manufacturing defects and will not wear through the printed image for 15 years from the date of purchase, if installed according to the installation instructions (found on our website casabellafloors.com). If a defect covered by this warranty is reported to Casabella Floors in writing within 15 years of purchase, Casabella Floors will supply new material of the same or similar grade sufficient to repair or replace the defective material. For commercial applications, this product is intended to be installed in: Privately owned businesses, multifamily units, common areas of activity centers, day cares, doctor/dentist offices, salons, retail shops, restaurants as sales floors, dining areas, common areas, activity areas, corridors, and residences. Caution: Any facility that uses commercial cleaning equipment is not covered by this warranty. If you have any questions, we are always available to assist you with installation/application questions.
What will Casabella Floors do if any of the above happens?
If any of the above should occur within the warranty periods specified above, Casabella Floors will, at our option, furnish comparable Casabella Floors flooring of similar color, pattern, and quality, for either the repair of the defective area or the replacement of the floor. And, if your floor was professionally installed, for any defect reported in the first year Casabella Floors will also pay reasonable labor costs for the direct repairs or replacement of the flooring only in the second year Casabella Floors will also pay 50% of reasonable labor costs for the direct repairs or replacement of the flooring only in the third year Casabella Floors will also pay 25% of reasonable labor costs for the direct repairs or replacement of the flooring only. After the third year Casabella Floors will not pay any labor cost.
Casabella Floors will not pay for the following cost including but not limited to removal or tear out of old or damaged product, any cost associated with moving of cabinets, furniture, walls, doors, paint, rugs, etc. Casabella Floors will not replace or repair a floor discolored by mold, mildew, or alkali. Moisture will not affect the structure of the plank but may discolor the product which is not covered by this warranty.
What is not covered by this warranty?
• Damage caused by fire, flooding or intentional abuse.
• Damage caused by vacuum cleaner beater bar, caster wheels, and cutting from sharp objects or objects not properly protected to include high heels, spiked heels, and rolling loads.
- When vacuuming, we recommend using the wand attachment on your vacuum.
- Because rolling casters can damage the floor, we do not recommend them.
• Loss of gloss/scratching.
- If some dulling occurs over time, depending on the amount of traffic, care and maintenance the floor receives, restore the floor’s shine, use an approved Low Gloss Floor Finish.
• Minor color, shade, or texture variations between samples or printed color photography and the actual material.
• Floors that are not graded “regular.”
• Floors that are installed in other than owner-occupied or tenant-occupied residences. (Except products that are noted as warranted commercial.)
• Construction or installation-related damage to include failure due to subfloor, hydrostatic pressure, moisture, or alkalines.
• Floors discolored from moisture or underlayment panels after having been repaired or replaced by Casabella Floors one time. (repair or replacement (in square footage or value) of 50% of the purchased material terminates this warranty and relieves Casabella Floors of any future liability of any and all types relating to this purchase). • Floors damaged by excessive moisture from sources such as flooding.
• Installation defects and installations caused by not using the recommended Casabella Floors products. Both parties agree that any finding of this cause of damage by an independent certified inspector terminates warranty. • Damage caused by abuse such as moving appliances across the floor without adequate protection,
- When moving appliances or heavy furniture, lay a plywood panel on your floor and “walk” the item across it. This protects your floor from scuffing and tears.
What is excluded from this warranty? Casabella Floors excludes and will not pay incidental or consequential damages under this warranty. By this we mean any loss, expense, or damage other than to the flooring itself that may result from a defect in the flooring. No implied warranties extend beyond the terms of this written warranty. Please note: Some jurisdictions do not allow exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
Also note: This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
† We recommend using floor protectors. As a general rule of thumb, the heavier the item, the wider the floor protectors should be.
* Wear-through is defined as loss of the floor design due to normal household use.
What should you do if you have a problem? We want you to be happy with your Casabella Floors floor. If you’re not, call your retail store. They can answer your questions and, if necessary, start to process a claim. If you have further questions, please call us at 281-766-1600. PLEASE KEEP YOUR RECEIPT. Casabella Floors needs the receipt in order to verify date, proof of purchase, and original purchaser to resolve any problems that may occur.