RESIDENTIAL MAINTENANCE & WARRANTY
PRE-FINISHED HARDWOOD FLOORING
TRUEMARK® POLY & TRUEMARK® GLAZE TEK
ALUMINUM OXIDE POLYURETHANE FINISH
Hallmark TrueMark® Warranty
For Indoor Use Only: Material is not suitable for outdoor use.
Pre-Installation Warranty: Before leaving the factory each Hallmark Floors, hardwood floor is carefully inspected, and shipped in sealed packaging to keep the product stable. We require inspection of the material prior to installation. It is imperative that the homeowner look at the material to determine whether the color and appearance of the floor are what they expected. Any boards that are defective should be set aside and they will be replaced. Any boards that are determined to be within grading specifications will not be eligible for replacement. Wood materials have inherent character that cannot always be fully viewed in a display sample or hand set. Samples exposed to ultra violet light can also experience subtle changes.
Inspect all materials carefully prior to installation. Warranties do not cover materials with visible defects once they are installed. Installation constitutes acceptance.
Residential Limited Lifetime Structural Warranty: Hallmark Floors warrants that the floorboards will remain free from manufacturing defects providing that all installation, maintenance & environmental control requirements have been met, and the original purchaser owns and occupies the home. In the unlikely event that any aspect of the plank proves defective, Hallmark Floors will repair, or replace, the failed planks of your floor (our option). Should recoating, refinishing or full replacement be required, Hallmark Floors Inc. will choose (our option) recoating, refinishing or to issue refund for one time only.
Residential Limited Lifetime Finish Warranties: TrueMark® Poly or Glaze Tek® factory applied UV finishes in residential settings are guaranteed for the lifetime of original owner (non-transferable). All maintenance requirements must be met for warranty to apply. Use of maintenance products other than Hallmark TrueClean® maintenance products could invalidate the finish warranty. Do not use unauthorized maintenance products: Such as oil soaps, paste wax, or other cleaners containing , lemon oil, citrus oils, Tung oils, ammonia, or cleaners containing silicone. Do not use two in one cleaners that contain acrylics or urethane polish to restore gloss. Use of these products invalidates the product warranty. Any wear through must exceed 10% of total floor for warranty to apply. In the unlikely event that any aspect of the plank proves defective, Hallmark Floors will repair, or replace, the failed planks of your floor (our option). Should recoating, refinishing or full replacement be required, Hallmark Floors Inc. will choose (our option) recoating, refinishing or or to issue refund for one time only.The factory warranties apply only to the original owner and are non-transferable.
Commercial Warranties: 3 year Finish Warranty 10 year Structural Warranty
Claims Administration: In the unlikely event that any aspect of the plank proves defective, Hallmark Floors will repair, or replace, the failed planks of your floor (our option). Should recoating, refinishing or full replacement be required, Hallmark Floors Inc. will choose (our option) recoating, refinishing or or to issue refund for one time only. After recoating, refinishing or one time refund Hallmark Floors’ warranty obligations will be complete and no further warranties will be offered. If a claim needs to be started, an inspection by the retailer is required, and a Dealer Inspection Report filed with our local distributor. Should the retailer be unable to resolve the concerns a follow-up inspection will be conducted by the Hallmark Regional Distributor.
This warranty is limited to residential use and does not apply to industrial, light commercial or commercial use. When unauthorized maintenance products are used or when wet mopping occurs, the warranty becomes void. If any product is abused, improperly installed (see installation instructions), or damaged by moisture intrusion, plumbing leaks, insects, building defects, floods, or circumstances beyond our control the warranty is no longer valid. Hallmark Floors will not be responsible for any special, incidental, or consequential damages including inconvenience, loss of time or expenses or damages incurred by the purchaser or by any other person. Additionally incidental or consequential damages include but not limited to removal or damage to moldings, cabinets, built-in appliances, carpeting, drywall, wallpaper, paint and any or all relocation costs associated with any repair, replacement, recoating or refinishing of the flooring.
Limited Spill Proof Warranty* [Regatta Collection ONLY]: Hallmark warrants that from the date of the original purchase that your Hallmark Regatta product will not swell, cup, or crack, or lose integrity due to recommended cleaning practices, and/or topical water for up to 72 hours from everyday household spills and moisture. In the unlikely event that any manufacturing related defects occur, Hallmark floors will authorize the repair of any defective planks, or should we determine that the floor is unrepairable, to offer a refund (our option) The factory warranties apply only to the original owner and are non-transferable. All sources of subfloor moisture should be remedied prior to installation, This warranty covers topical moisture as long as the water does not flow over the edge of the surface of cut boards or unengaged planks.
While moisture will not affect the products integrity, Regatta flooring will not act as a waterproofing barrier for the subfloor and/or any surrounding structure.
It is possible that, with an excessive moisture accumulates in buildings, subfloors, or on building materials, mold and/or mildew growth can occur (particularly if the moisture problem remains undiscovered or unaddressed).
This warranty excludes damage resulting from mold and/or mildew growth due to prolonged exposure to moisture, and excludes all casualty events involving water coming in contact with your floor. This warranty excludes failures normally covered by homeowner’s insurance including, but not limited to, damages caused by flooding or standing water from leaky pipes, faucets, or household appliances. Also excluded are damages caused by flooding or standing water from hydrostatic pressure or other casualty events.
• Will not swell, cup, crack or lose integrity due to normal cleaning practices and / or topical moisture up to 72 hours.
• Applies to topical moisture only, no spill over
• Is not a waterproof barrier.
• Will not inhibit mold or mildew due to excessive moisture.
• Is not designed to resist standing water from floods, storms or from plumbing or appliances leaks.
Radiant Heat Warranty: It is critical and required under terms of this warranty that the floor be installed to Hallmark Floors’ specifications. The surface temperature of the floor should not exceed 80°F 27°C. Relative humidity should be maintained at between 30 to 55%. Approved Hydronic, waterbased and FiberThermics Electric Mat systems must be used (see installation instructions and radiant heat guide for greater detail). All In-Floor Heating Systems must be installed to In-Floor Heating System Manufacturers Guidelines and compliant with Hallmark Floors instructions and radiant heat guide for warranty to apply.
ENGINEERED Collections – True Hardwood: All (excluding Hickory) Heirloom: All (excluding Hickory) Moderno: All (excluding Hickory) Alta Vista: All Monterey: All (excluding Hickory) Ventura: All (excluding Hickory) Chaparral: All (excluding Hickory) Silverado: All Novella: All (excluding Hickory) Organic Engineered: All (excluding Hickory) Avenue: All (excluding Hickory) Grain & Saw All (excluding Hickory)
• Hydronic Systems (water based heat source / excluding hickory) Floating & Glue-Down Installations (see installation instructions for additional specifics or exclusions).
• Electric FiberThermics Systems (electric based heat source / excluding hickory) Floating, Glue-Down, Nail-Down, Nail-Down Glue Assist (see installation instructions for additional specifics or exclusions)
SOLID Collections - Organic Solid, Crestline Solid
• Hydronic Systems (water based heat source) Not Approved.
• Electric FiberThermics Systems (electric based heat source / excluding hickory) GlueDown, Nail-Down, Nail-Down Glue Assist Are Approved.
Products Excluded from Radiant Heat Warranty: All Hickory, and Solid products, Exotics (Brazilian Cherry and Sucupira).
This warranty is limited to residential use and does not apply to industrial or commercial use. When unauthorized maintenance products are used or when wet mopping occurs, the warranty becomes void. If any product is abused, improperly installed (see installation instructions), or damaged by moisture intrusion, plumbing leaks, insects, building defects, floods, or circumstances beyond our control the warranty is no longer valid. Hallmark Floors will not be responsible for any special, incidental, or consequential damages including inconvenience or loss of time.
This warranty applies to all Hallmark Floors Hardwood Flooring products purchased after February 15, 2019. It is valid for the original purchaser/resident only and is non-transferable. No agent, dealer, fabricator, installer, or employee of Hallmark Floors Inc., is authorized to alter or increase the terms, limitations, or obligations of this warranty. In the event that warranty service is required, please contact your original Hallmark Floors retailer to arrange an evaluation of the floor. Should further evaluation be needed your retailer will need to contact the local distributor to begin the warranty process. The local distributor will forward the inspection report to Hallmark Floors Inc. for review.
This warranty shall be governed by the laws of the state of California, and any applicable federal laws of the United States. Any action brought seeking the resolution of, any controversy arising out of, or relating to any warranties referenced herein, shall be brought in the courts of the state of California, County of San Bernardino.
Exclusions to Warranties
1. Color Variation: Wood is a natural product and will vary in color and grain appearance from board to board, and from batch to batch. This is considered a natural aspect of the product.
2. Color Changes/Patina: Changes will occur when wood is exposed to UV rays from sunlight, florescent, LED, and incandescent bulbs. Window coverings, UV resistant tint, solar screens can minimize but not eliminate this natural occurrence.
The reaction varies by color and species. Air exposure also creates another natural process called oxidation. The two effects are what furniture and cabinet manufacturers refer to as patina, and a natural process of wood aging.
5. Squeaky Floors / Objectionable Noises: Squeaks, snaps, crackles, pops are related to movement of the floor. This is related to incorrect installation methods, environmental or structural issues, not related to the wood floor. Subsequent squeaking / objectionable noises are not considered to be a defect and not covered under this warranty.
6. Boards containing “defects”: See pre-installation warranty.
7. Improper Maintenance: Full compliance with maintenance instructions is required. Hallmark TrueClean® Floor cleaner must be used as directed. Steam cleaners will damage the floor and invalidate the warranty.
• Power brush attachments and upright vacuums with power brushes will damage the floor and potentially remove finish, and wood fiber from grain of the floor, invalidating the warranty.
• Robotic vacuums contain power brushes that can leave micro-scratches on the surface of a hardwood floor. This subsequent damage is not covered under warranty.
8. Gloss Levels and Color Variation: Wood is a natural product, color and gloss level can vary from board to board and batch to batch. Materials purchased at separate times or production dates are prone to color and gloss differences and not considered to be a product defect.
9. Improper Installation: Failure to follow installation instructions will invalidate the warranty. Cabinets and built in appliances should be installed prior to the installation of the hardwood floor. Cabinets and built in appliances should not be installed on top of the wood floor. Hardwood flooring should be installed at the same time as carpet after finishing walls, cabinet installation, appliance installation, tile and countertop installation. NOTE - CABINETS: In the event that cabinets are installed on top of wood floors, product warranty remains in effect (glue or nail down) . However, in the unlikely event that the floor experiences product related problems, Hallmark Floors will not pay for the removal or reinstallation of cabinets and countertops, since installing them on top of the floor is not considered best practice by the National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA installation instructions & Hallmark Floors installation instructions). Installation of cabinets on top of a wood floor inhibits the floors ability to expand / contract, and can potentially cause squeaking/objectionable noises in the floor. Never install cabinets on top of a floating wood floor.
10. Moisture Damage: Hallmark Floors is not a vapor barrier and will not prevent moisture from entering or damaging the structure or prevent mold. Damage created by moisture (originating from any source), structural, improper maintenance, plumbling, flood, etc., is excluded from warranty. Moisture under the floor can become trapped, and the evaporation/temperature variable process can distort the floor, as well as posing environmental hazards from mold and mildew. Hallmark Floors, does not warrant against damage, caused by hydrostatic pressure, from the subfloor, flooding, mold or mild structural leaks,(such as roof, window, plumbing, etc.) or mechanical failures like appliance or heating and cooling system leaks. 99.6% - Comparable to standard for porcelain tile.
11. Adverse Usage / Resultant Surface Scratching & Denting: Sharp objects, sand, gravel, or other abrasive material, loss of sheen, scratches, high heels, dents/gauges, pet urine, vomit, or pet claw damage is excluded from this warranty. NOTE: Use of hardwood flooring in laundry rooms and full bathrooms is not recommended. When moving appliances use proper appliance dolly’s, glides, or 1/8” Masonite on the floor shiny side down. Rolling appliances directly across the floor will damage the hardwood floor.
12. High Traffic Areas: High traffic areas may experience finish wear through. More than 10% of the total surface area must be affected for the Residential and Commercial Finish Warranties to apply. Please note scratches are not covered under warranty.
13. Damage caused by improper environment and/ or lack of environmental control: Wood is a product of nature. As a natural material, it will expand and contract as it gains and loses moisture. Some gaps between the boards during low-humidity seasons are normal and not considered a defect. Maintaining optimum humidity levels of 30 to 55% will minimize these occurrences. Allowing relative humidity levels to fall below 30% can result in structural damage to the floor such as large gaps, splits in the surface, distortion of the boards and structural failure. Humidity levels above 55% can result in surface warping and structural failure of the boards. Direct, unfiltered sunlight exposure is damaging to a wood floor. The impact of sunlight on a floor will overheat the surface of the wood floor. The high level of heat generated by the solar energy will cause excessive drying of the wood leading to structural damage to the floor. Direct unfiltered sunlight will accelerate color change in a floor. This warranty does not cover splits, cupping, delaminating, and/or crowning when relative humidity of less than 30% (less than 6% EMC) or above 55% (more than 12% EMC) occurs. If environmental conditions cannot be maintained, whole house humidification or dehumidification system/systems need to be added to HVAC system to ensure proper floor performance. Many parts of the country suffer from climate that take homes outside of the 30 to 55% range. In these cases the climate control system can be modified to keep the environmental conditions within a proper controlled range. Other industries using wood have accepted humidity norms for best performance as well. Guitars 40-60% pianos 40-50%, wood furniture 35- 55%, kitchen cabinets & finish carpentry 30-50%. The NWFA National Wood Flooring Association recommends 30-50%. NOTE: Wood is HYGROSCOPIC and will absorb and release water. Properties change depending on moisture content. Once understood, wood is no longer a mystery, and its physical behaviors become predictable.
14. Environmental Control
• Humid Conditions: Humidity control is usually provided by air conditioning. In some cases a whole house dehumidifier can help the air conditioner operate more efficiently.
• Dry Conditions: The most efficient method of adding humidity is to add a whole house humidifier to the HVAC system. For homes that do not have HVAC other wall mounted options can provide the added humidity for optimum performance of all wood products in home. NOTE: The amount of humidity required for the average household in areas with dry climate conditions cannot be met by using portable humidifiers.
15. Optional Adverse Conditions Warning System: It is possible at the time of install to place a device in the floor that will warn the consumer when the floor is getting too dry or damp. It logs the data from the floor and the indoor environment continuously. It is installed within the floor at time of installation. Hallmark Floors does not require Fidbox as a term of warranty but highly recommends its use. Fidbox is a data logging device that is commonly used worldwide. The device is Blue Tooth connected, and the consumer can track the condition of the floor. This gives the consumer the ultimate in control of the indoor environment. It is like a check engine light that can warn of pending trouble. Then adjustments can easily be made to the climate control to prevent damage to the floor.
15. Unoccupied Homes: Homes left without climate control on are subject to extreme environmental conditions that will damage a wood floor. A home left unoccupied, without proper climate control invalidates the warranty.
16. Internet / Long Distance Purchases: Hallmark Floors does not warrant product purchased on the internet, or outside a serviceable driving distance from the store of purchase.
Only product purchased from an authorized displaying dealer, and serviced locally will be covered under warranty. Any claim must be accompanied by an original dealer invoice and original dealer inspection report. Inspection to be conducted by the owner or direct employee of the selling dealer. Third party inspection reports will not be accepted. NOTE: See Hallmark Floors website for full internet selling policy athallmarkfloors.com.
TrueMark® Poly & Glaze Tek® Finish Register your new floor: This can be done on our website or by using this link, https://hallmarkfloors. com/product-registration-form/ We will send you a complementary bottle of TrueClean Floor Cleaner to get you started with the right maintenance product.
1. Use Hallmark TrueClean Hardwood, Bamboo, Luxury Vinyl Cleaner Exclusively: These products are designed to clean and maintain the TrueMark® finished floor.
2. Do Not Use Unauthorized Maintenance Products: Such as oil soaps, paste wax, or other cleaners containing, lemon oil, citrus oils, Tung oils, ammonia, or cleaners containing; silicone. Do not use two in one cleaners that contain acrylics or urethane polish to restore gloss. Use of these products invalidates the product warranty.
3. Use Hallmark TrueMark ReFresh®–For shine retention, traffic patterns and minor surface scratches. Please note scratches are not covered under warranty.
4. Pets: Keep nails well trimmed and paws free of dirt, gravel, grease, oil, and other staining agents. Wipe up animal urine or vomit immediately as they can damage the floor.
5. Regular Maintenance Dust Removal: Hallmark Floors Hardwood products finished with TrueMark is a good choice for healthy indoor living. Dust and allergens are easily removed with canister vacuum and soft brush attachment (do not use vacuums with power brush as the power brushes damage a wood floor). Removal of dust and grit with regular vacuuming removes these abrasive agents for good long term performance of the floor. The soft brush should be replaced as needed to prevent scratching of the floor. Perform as needed (average in normal household is weekly) NOTE: Do not use treated commercial dust-mop or treated dust pads of any kind as they contain chemicals and solvents that will leave a chemical residue on the floor.
6. Clean Up All Spills: Spills can be cleaned up with a moistened, well wrung out soft cloth or sponge. Once the spill is removed, spray Hallmark Floors’ TrueClean® on clean, moist, towel to remove all remaining residue. All spills must be cleaned up immediately to prevent damage to the floor.
7. Shake Spray Bottle of TrueClean Floor Cleaner: Before use, gently shake the bottle to make sure the natural oils and cleaning agents are well mixed. (30 seconds avg.)
8. Regular Cleaning: Follow the instructions on the bottle of Hallmark TrueMark Cleaner. The cleaner can be sprayed on the head of the Micro Fiber Mop to moisten then directly to the floor in a fine mist. This mop system consists of a micro fiber applicator head. The micro fiber mop head must be moistened with cleaner prior to cleaning floor.
9. Wipe the Surface with Micro Fiber Mop: Rub micro fiber mop in the direction of the grain. When the applicator is showing dirt replace with a clean one as needed and launder micro fiber mopheads after every use. EXAMPLE: Micro Fiber Mop, Cleaning Micro Fiber Pad & Optional Micro Fiber Dust Mop.
10. No Wet Mopping/Steam Cleaners: Do not use string mops, sponge mops, or steam cleaners to clean a Hallmark Floors floor.
11. Dent/Scratch Prevention: Poly Propylene (Olefin) Cloth glides must be applied to chair and furniture legs. Do not use rubber, plastic, or metal glides. Double barrel coaster wheels should replace hard rubber or metal wheels.
12. High Heel Shoes: High-heel shoes can damage a hardwood floor. It is important to keep the tips in good repair.
WHICH PUTS GREATER FORCE ON A FLOOR? An elephant has a force of 50 to 100 pounds per square inch (psi) on a floor, while a 125-pound woman in high heels has the force of 2,000 psi. That’s 20 times greater than the elephant. NOTE: The indentation rating of red oak is 1200 PSI. When the tip is missing from the heel a force of 6 – 8000 PSI can be produced. The amount of force generated by high heel impact can match the force generated by a hammer and nail! 8,000 PSI can damage concrete, tile, and plate steel. Caution must be exercised with high heels in relation to hardwood floors.
13. High-Traffic Areas: To minimize scuffing, scratching, and staining some additional precautions can be taken. Place area rugs in front of sink and stove to catch spills.
14. Walk off Mats: Place walk off mats both inside and outside of exterior doors, to minimize amount of dirt being tracked onto the wood surface.
15. Rug Backers & Pads: A 100% rubber pad is acceptable, however is must be a waffle / mesh type pad. Rugs with solid vinyl / flexible backs should not be used as they do not let the floor breathe, and could discolor or make the surface of the floor slippery. Jute/raw back rugs can scratch a floor unless a rug pad is in place underneath. Pads containing PVC can damage floor finishes. Bonding agents in PVC pads can off-gas and damage the finish.
16. Desk Chairs: Chairs with double barrel wheels must be used. A clear floor protector mat must be used in combination with the proper wheels. Chair pad must have a smooth bottom. No pads with barbed bottoms are to be used.
17. Moving Kitchen Appliances (Stoves-Ranges /Dishwashers): A sheet of Masonite/hardboard (shinny side down, rough side up) should be placed on the floor. Shinny side down will avoid scratching the floor.
A. Lift front of appliance.
B. Insert edge of Masonite/ hardboard (shiny side down) under the front of the appliance. High impact plastic sheet such as Scuff Shield can be used. Do not use cardboard, plastic film, etc.
C. Standing on top of Masonite-Hardboard / Scuff Shield pull appliance onto the Masonite-Hardboard / Scuff Shield. Do not slide Loaded sheet across the Floor with appliance on top. The purpose of standing on sheet while moving appliance is prevent hardboard Scuff Shield movement and damage to floor.
16. Moving Kitchen Appliances (Refrigerators): When moving appliances use proper appliance dolly’s. Rolling appliances directly across the floor will damage the hardwood floor. Refrigerator wheels are generally about 1” in diameter. When factoring the weight of the refrigerator the force at the wheels can amount to thousands of pounds per sq. Inch. As the refrigerator is moved this can create dent trails in the wood floor.
Finish touch up kits are available for all colors of Hallmark Floors Hardwood Flooring products. They can be ordered from your Hallmark Floors retailer.
FOR TRUEMARK® FINISHED FLOORS – GLAZE TEK & POLY
XYZ is a three step system for re-coating Hallmark TrueMark® Poly & Glaze Tek® UV polyurethane finishes. XYZ contains advanced ceramic technology for superior durability. Applied with a micro fiber T-Bar Applicator or Micro Fiber Roller for ease of application. XYZ uses an industry-leading approach to re-coat polyurethane floors with the latest in cutting-edge commercial finish technology. The XYZ Recoat can be ordered through your local Hallmark Floors Retailer.
Expansion & Contraction: Although cross-engineered hardwood floors are much more dimensionally stable than solid hardwood floors, there are a few things to remember. As a product of nature, wood reacts to changes in temperature and humidity. Small gaps between planks are a normal occurrence with changes in relative humidity. These gaps are seasonal and show up primarily in the winter when cold temperatures lower the relative humidity in the air. Hardwood flooring performs best at relative humidity rates between 30 and 55% and temperatures between 50 and 80°F. Failure to properly control the environment can lead to significant damage to a hardwood floor.
Experts from the cabinet, musical instrument, furniture, and wood flooring industries all agree that humidity control is vital to product performance, and to prevent damage to the wood.