IMMEDIATELY AFTER INSTALLATION
• Keep traffic light during the first 24 hours.
• Avoid scrubbing or washing the floor for 48 hours after installation.
LIMITED WARRANTY FOR LIGHT COMMERCIAL USE
Mannington warrants that your ADURA®Max will be free from manufacturing defects, and for a period of 10 years following the date of purchase, under light commercial use*, will not discolor from mold, mildew or alkali.
Correctly constructed wood underfloors are not subject to moisture transmission. The light commercial warranty applies only to floors installed directly on concrete subfloors. Mold and mildew growth caused by excessive moisture as a result of flooding, plumbing and appliance leaks, and water leakage through sliding glass doors is not covered.
*Light commercial is defined as environments which do not have heavy commercial traffic, where the flooring is not exposed to a heavy commercial maintenance schedule, and where the interior temperature and humidity can be controlled and maintained. If there is any question as to whether the site is determined to be light commercial, contact Mannington Installation Services or the local Mannington Distributor.
Definitions for Applications in terms of LVT:
Small Retail Shop
Nurses’ Station Bathroom
Hair Salon – working area
LIMITED WARRANTY FOR RESIDENTIAL USE
Mannington warrants that ADURA®Max will be free from manufacturing defects, and the number of years specified below following the date of the purchase, under normal household conditions*, will not: wear-out, fade, stain, delaminate or gap**.
*Normal household conditions mean the daily activities commonly associated with residential use and includes that the floor will not stain from human or animal urine, vomit or feces.
**A gap is defined as: A gap bigger than the thickness of a business card (>10 mils) and longer than the short side of a business card (<2”).
REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO YOU
If your ADURA®Max fails to perform as stated in the applicable Limited Warranty, Mannington will, at its option, (i) repair without charge the affected area to conform to the warranty; or (ii) replace the floor without charge with another floor of equal value and/or quality. If your floor was installed by a professional flooring contractor hired by you, Mannington will also pay for the professional labor cost to install your replacement floor. If Mannington repairs or replaces a plank or tile, you will be required to clear, at your expense, any items placed over the affected area subsequent to the original installation.
Warranty coverage for a replacement panel will be limited to the remaining time of the original warranty.
THESE ARE YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES UNDER THE LIMITED WARRANTIES SET FORTH ABOVE.
IF YOU HAVE A WARRANTY CLAIM:
Contact the store where you purchased the floor and describe the problem. In many cases, your retailer can provide you with a solution to correct the situation. If you need additional assistance or wish to file a complaint, simply call Mannington Customer Care at 1-800-Floor-Us (1-800-356-6787) or file online at mannington.com.
Proof of purchase (store receipt) is necessary to verify all warranty claims. Our representatives will provide you with helpful information to address your concerns and walk you through the easy steps necessary to file a claim. We will make every effort to ensure your claim is processed quickly and fairly.
You may write to us at:
Mannington Mills, Inc.
Attn: Customer Care
P.O. Box 30
Salem, NJ 08079
For easy reference, fill in the following information and keep this sheet handy with your store receipt.
Pattern, Color Name and Number: _____________________
Date when purchased: _______________________________
Store Name & Location: __________________________________
ADURA®Max LIMITED WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS AND CONDITIONS
• Mannington limited warranty protection applies to floors purchased on or after June 1, 2018. Proof of purchase is necessary to verify all warranty claims.
• The Limited Warranties: o Do not apply to “seconds” or “off-goods” grade products.
o Apply only to the original purchaser and the original installation site and are not transferable.
o Do not cover conditions or defects caused by improper installation, the use of improper adhesives or seam sealers, inadequate sub-flooring or improper sub-floor preparation.
o Do not cover construction-related damage.
o Do not cover conditions caused by improper use or maintenance, such as: - Loss of gloss or build-up of dulling film due to lack of maintenance or improper maintenance
- Damage resulting from failure to follow floor care instructions as outlined in this warranty
- Scuffs, scratches or cuts
- Damage or discoloration from carpet dyes, fertilizers, or other chemicals
- Staining from use of mats not labeled non-staining
- Damage caused by burns, flooding, fires and other accidents
- Damaged caused by abuse (i.e. dragging heavy or sharp objects across the floor without proper protection)
- Damage caused by caster wheels or vacuum cleaner beater bars.
- Failure to support furniture with floor protectors made of non-staining felt or non-pigmented hard plastic. Protectors must be the same diameter of the object and rest flat on the floor.
o The Limited Warranties do not cover discoloration from heat or sunlight. A combination of heat and sunlight can cause most home furnishings to fade or discolor. For further information, please see the Mannington Floor Care Instructions on this warranty.
o Do not cover variations of color, shade or texture of the floor you purchase from those shown on samples, photographs or literature.
• Although ADURA®Max is not susceptible to damage from moisture, excessive subfloor damage is an ideal breeding ground for mold, mildew and fungus. The Limited Warranties do not cover discoloration from mold or from flooding, leaking plumbing or appliances, water entering through sliding glass doors or similar conditions.
• UNDER THE TERMS OF THESE LIMITED WARRANTIES, MANNINGTON WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, NO MATTER WHAT THE CAUSE.
• Note: Some states or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation, or exclusion may not apply to you.
• THERE ARE NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, EXTENDING BEYOND THE TERMS OF THESE LIMITED WARRANTIES.
• Note: Some states and provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
• EXCEPT AS SET FORTH HEREIN, THERE ARE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES MADE BY MANNINGTON COVERING THIS PRODUCT.
• This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state in the U.S. or province to province in Canada.
MANNINGTON FLOOR CARE INSTRUCTIONS
• Use doormats outside each entrance to your home to prevent dirt, sand, grit or other substances such as oil, asphalt and driveway sealer from being tracked onto your floor. Use mats labeled non-staining on your floor.
• To minimize staining from asphalt tracking, we suggest you use latex-based driveway sealer on your driveway.
• Close your curtains or blinds where extreme sunlight hits the floor. Like with all floor coverings, protect the finished ADURA®Max installation from exposure to direct sunlight. A combination of heat and sunlight can cause most home furnishings to fade or discolor. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight for prolonged periods. During peak sunlight hours, the use of blinds or drapes is recommended. Prolonged direct sunlight can result in discoloration and excessive temperatures may cause floor expansion (which may cause buckling) or delamination.
• Support furniture with wide-bearing, non-staining floor protectors. The protectors should be at least one-inch in diameter, made of non-pigmented hard plastic, and rest flat on the floor. Non-staining felt protectors are also acceptable. Casters with a minimum 3/4” flat surface width or floor protectors are recommended for all movable furniture. Make sure any metal protectors are rust-proof. Replace your narrow dome furniture rests with wide-bearing ones.
• If you need to move heavy furniture and/or appliances across the floor, always use strips of wood or hardboard runways to protect the floor. Always use runways even if you have an appliance dolly or even if heavy objects are equipped with wheels or rollers.
• Sweep your floor regularly (at least once per week).
• Prevent stains by wiping up spills immediately.
• Occasional cleaning with Mannington UltraClean™ (lightly misted) and a microfiber mop (or cloth) or mopping with Mannington Award Series® Rinse-Free Cleaner is recommended when dirt builds up and sweeping alone is not sufficient. Use a solution of 2 to 3 capfuls of Award Series® Cleaner (or clear, non-sudsy ammonia) in one gallon of warm water. Use of more than the recommended amount of cleaning solution may leave a dulling film. Do not use soap or detergent products as they will leave a dulling film. Rinsing is not required when using Mannington Award Series® Rinse-Free Cleaner, but if time permits, rinsing will provide the best care.
• ADURA®Max is a low-gloss floor; use polish or “mop and shine” products only if you wish to make the floor shiny.
For complete instructions regarding the proper use of Mannington floor care products, refer to the package labels.
Caution: Adura Floors can be slippery when they become wet. Use extreme caution when walking on a wet floor.
The overall stain resistance of ADURA®Max is excellent, and most spills will wipe off quickly and easily with a clean, white cloth. Removing certain substances may take a little extra effort, as outlined in the chart below.
• Start with the first step listed.
• Only do steps necessary to resolve the problem.
• Always use a clean, white cloth for wiping up stains and turn it frequently to avoid spreading the stain.
Stain/Problem Recommendation Food, Beverages
If a substance is gummy, scrape off with a dull knife. Clean using Mannington UltraClean™ and a soft nylon pad or soft bristle brush. Saturate a clean, white cloth with bleach* solution, cover stain and allow to stand for no more than 1 hour.
Tar, Oil, Asphalt, Paint (Oil Based)
Scrape excess substance off with a dull knife. Clean using UltraClean™ and a soft nylon pad or soft bristle brush.
Scuffs, Marks, Scratches
Wipe with a clean, white cloth dampened with lighter fluid, painter’s naphtha or isopropyl alcohol.*
Minor Cuts, Burns
Limit traffic over damaged area, cover with masking tape, contact your retailer or Mannington for advice.
Clean using Mannington Award Series® Heavy Duty Cleaner and Stripper and a soft nylon pad or soft bristle brush. Saturate a clean, white cloth with bleach** solution, cover stain and allow to stand for no more than 1 hour.
CAUTION: *Please follow directions listed on the container.
**Lighter fluid, painter’s naphtha and isopropyl alcohol are flammable liquids. Please follow precautions listed on the container.